Quilt Binding Tutorial Part 3 – joining the binding ends
Have you ever had trouble with your binding? If you’ve ever quilted, I’m sure the answer is a resounding, “YES!” You’ve put in all the hours of quilting, picked out the right pattern, the right fabric, and stitched love into every inch of your quilt and then – the binding …... The next step in binding your quilt, regardless of how you plan on finishing it off, is to join the two ends of the binding strip. There are many tutorials out there how to do it “officially”, whether that’s with a straight seam like this tutorial on Quilty Love , or a diagonal seam like this tutorial on Red Pepper Quilts .
How to Join the Ends of Quilt Binding Quilter's Diary
Pull the ends of the binding away from the edge of the project, and place the ends right sides together at a 90˚ angle. Mark the angle from the upper corner to the bottom corner, similarly to how you did the original joining of the strips but with all the edges flush rather than extending by ½"....Here is a super easy way for joining binding ends together on a quilt, here at Heirloom Creations we often refer to it as “Edna’s Binding”.
Joining Binding Ends Together Heirloom Creations
As I was doing research for my binding book, I found many methods for joining the ends of the binding together. Some of them require a special tool and others require calculations involving the width of the binding strip, making 45 degree cuts on the end of the binding, etc. how to find out what cpu i have windows 10 Now it’s time to join it to the quilt edge on the front of the quilt top: Line up the raw edge of the binding strip with the edge of the quilt where you’re going to start sewing. Leave a tail of about 10″ for joining later on. I start in the middle of a side of the quilt usually.. Gmod how to join server by ip
Joining the Ends of a Binding- What a SUPER EASY way to
- How to join your binding ends Modern Quilting Gifts
- Video Transcript for Quilt Binding – Simple Steps for
- Schnitzel & Boo Tutorial How to Join the Ends of Quilt
- How to Join Ends of Quilt Binding Quilting Tutorials
Leave long tails of at least 18" on both ends of your binding to accommodate for the join.
- There’s No Reason To Get Lumpy Corners In Your Quilt Binding. Use these techniques, and even beginner quilters can learn how to to get your binding just perfect right from the start!
- Leave 8″ – 10″ of binding and begin sewing the binding to the BACK of the quilt. Remember to sew with the raw edges of the binding to the raw edge of the quilt! I like to start close to the bottom corner so that I have space to join the ends.
- Joining Binding Ends Getting a smooth, invisible join of the two ends of the binding can be a challenge. Here are two simple techniques that the Studio staff and our customers love.
- 10/02/2015 · When I get to the point of joining the ends together, I put the quilt right sides together; and pin it where I stopped stitching. This gives me the slack I need without trying to hang onto the quilt as well as the binging.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Richardson ACT, Ernestina ACT, Queanbeyan West ACT, Hughes ACT, Wanniassa ACT, ACT Australia 2629
- New South Wales: Carey Bay NSW, Euchareena NSW, Kariong NSW, Moonee NSW, Stratford NSW, NSW Australia 2068
- Northern Territory: Katherine East NT, Lake Bennett NT, Stuart NT, Braitling NT, Stapleton NT, Araluen NT, NT Australia 0869
- Queensland: Point Arkwright QLD, Mudjimba QLD, Jambin QLD, Toorbul QLD, QLD Australia 4047
- South Australia: St Kitts SA, Poltalloch SA, Canowie Belt SA, Calca SA, Cockatoo Valley SA, Stanley Flat SA, SA Australia 5075
- Tasmania: Dromedary TAS, Wickham TAS, Irishtown TAS, TAS Australia 7072
- Victoria: North Blackwood VIC, Billabong VIC, Lower Plenty VIC, Eaglehawk VIC, Mount Egerton VIC, VIC Australia 3001
- Western Australia: Euro WA, Gairdner WA, Craigie WA, WA Australia 6075
- British Columbia: Qualicum Beach BC, Comox BC, Vernon BC, Harrison Hot Springs BC, Qualicum Beach BC, BC Canada, V8W 5W1
- Yukon: Minto YT, Little Salmon YT, Whitestone Village YT, Canyon YT, Koidern YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C5
- Alberta: Spirit River AB, Bon Accord AB, Redcliff AB, Arrowwood AB, Heisler AB, Big Valley AB, AB Canada, T5K 4J8
- Northwest Territories: Aklavik NT, Yellowknife NT, Colville Lake NT, Dettah NT, NT Canada, X1A 1L4
- Saskatchewan: Paynton SK, Glen Ewen SK, Buena Vista SK, Wilkie SK, Grayson SK, Bradwell SK, SK Canada, S4P 8C2
- Manitoba: Virden MB, Selkirk MB, Wawanesa MB, MB Canada, R3B 8P6
- Quebec: Disraeli QC, Danville QC, Sainte-Madeleine QC, Matane QC, Sainte-Anne-des-Plaines QC, QC Canada, H2Y 2W6
- New Brunswick: Woodstock NB, McAdam NB, Minto NB, NB Canada, E3B 4H3
- Nova Scotia: Mahone Bay NS, Argyle NS, Barrington NS, NS Canada, B3J 1S2
- Prince Edward Island: Morell PE, Brackley PE, Alexandra PE, PE Canada, C1A 1N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Grand le Pierre NL, Heart's Desire NL, St. George's NL, North River NL, NL Canada, A1B 7J3
- Ontario: Neebing ON, Moscow ON, Hungry Hollow ON, Dee Bank, Mount Pleasant, Perth County ON, Clarington ON, Calabogie ON, ON Canada, M7A 8L4
- Nunavut: Kugluktuk NU, Hall Beach NU, NU Canada, X0A 4H5
- England: Basingstoke ENG, Widnes ENG, Worthing ENG, Poole ENG, Rochdale ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 2A5
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 8H8
- Scotland: Glasgow SCO, Paisley SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Paisley SCO, Glasgow SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 3B4
- Wales: Neath WAL, Wrexham WAL, Barry WAL, Newport WAL, Newport WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 1D4